Friday, August 3, 2007

New drywall, paint, desk

The last couple weeks have been spent getting my working situation in order. I work from home, and until now, my office has been a bit of a dump. We had new elecrtrical installed, so the office is now on it's own properly grounded circuit. Many holes were punched in the drywall when doing that, which helped us discover the water-rotted wallboard on 2 sides of the office.

Holes in the wall: I cut the bottom 2 feet of drywall out on the 2 rotted sides and replaced it w/ green board. This is the shady side of the house. The original board lasted 50 years, so the green board should do us for a while. I thought I took pics of the drywall patchwork, but I guess not. I have to get better about documenting all the steps...

New paint: So far we've only painted the drywall boards... everything else comes later...

New desk: I built a simple desk using legs from Ikea and 3/4 inch Birch plywood with an MDF overlay. We have a dresser made of MDF, and I like the simple utility of it. I finally have my printer and scanner off the ground. I think this set up really helps open the room up and makes the most of the 10' by 10' space.

Braced with redwood: